November 2007 update

With the new station area and branch line almost complete the railway has almost reached its intended size.
The larger the railway the bigger the problems with maintenance, therefore I have decided that my 180mtrs length of track work is enough.
I will now concentrate on the completion of the control room ,I also intend to build a church and signal box over the winter months.


Although being used at much less than the 5amp rating my two Gaugemaster controllers have failed during the past few months, I have now replaced them with a 10amp Aristo-Craft power pack with controllers which have much improved the all round performance, also the smoke units are producing much more smoke.
I have fitted change – over switches so that I can use the conventional controllers in the control room or walk around with the radio controlled train engineer system.


The Aristocraft Pacific 4-6-2 loco I purchased last year has been excellent, it has great pulling power even on the gradients and it must have covered many real miles, it has been completely trouble free and I haven’t even had to clean the wheels!
The U25-B Diesel continues to be trouble free apart from the occasional wheel clean.
Due to an unfortunate collision I need a new part for the tender on my 0-4-0 Switcher, Unfortunately I am told that the spare part could take up to 12 months to arrive from America so I intend to attempt a temporary repair.

The railway is run regularly between Easter and October so if you would like to visit then please email me at to make arrangements.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: